My 135 gallon planted Discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Was this thread useful to you

• Did you learn anything new?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you have anything to add?

• What else would you tell a newby to planted tanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne.aycock

Aquarium Advice Freak
(y)I have been doing aquariums for a while and took a 10 year break due to military service. I recently got back into the hobby and back to rearing Discus fish. I have never given too much thought to plants, I just watched them die and thought plants didn't last very long anyway. Boy was I wrong! After getting back into the hobby, I wanted to do a better job of taking care of plants and not just throwing money away. On this site I met Rivercats who opened my eyes to vast amounts of knowledge and techniques to taking care of fish as well as plants. I had my ups and downs, frustrations and moments of doubt. Rivercats always understood and encouraged me during the entire problem. Finally, I am seeing positive results with plants, and they are thriving. Rivercats suggested that I put together a type of pictorial diary that explained the steps I took along the journey. I have done so and wish to share them with you. I have a public file with PICs and narration for all to see. Just go to my photos and the file marked "My 135 Gallon Discus project is now complete!" It is simplistic and not really intended for the advanced aquarist; but for someone just getting into planted tanks, this may be beneficial. This may keep someone having trouble from walking away from the hobby. We have all been there at one time or another. Hope this can help someone........Dwayne

The direct link to the photos can be found at:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/67141-albums11364.html

Back
Top Bottom