My 30 gallon update!(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well this tank has been running for a few months now and here's the update:
I have 2 blue/green chromis
1 yellow clown goby
And a peppermint shrimp!
So does anyone have any suggestions for more fish? I can't decide between a sleeper gold head goby(fish I've always wanted!), a firefish, or a clownfish. Help please!:)

Any of those fish would work. If you've always wanted the goby, then I'd get that one. :)

Could I be able to get the sleeper gold head goby and a firefish? Or just the goby? Thanks!

If you mean can you add 2 fish at once, it should be okay, but keep a daily close check on your water parameters for about a week and do PWCs if needed.
If you're asking more generally how many fish you can have in a 30g, I would say 5-6 small fish max, as long as you're good about doing regular PWCs and keeping up on maintenance. If you're not good about PWCs, I would do 4-5 small fish max.

Ok thank you so much! I've heard a lot of bad reviews from the sleeper gold head goby, such as them starving to death and spitting sand out everywhere. I'm not worried where the sand goes really, but what about food? Pellets, brine and mysis shrimp, and flakes should work right?
Does anyone have any experience with sleeper gold head gobies??

Back
Top Bottom