My 40 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hecurcia

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my 40 Gallon Tank that has been established for 6 months. Vals (left corner) have been the most problematic ones. They have taken 2 months to finally see some progress. I am not trimming anything yet except for the wisteria and waiting if the ludwigia works in this tank. I will then think how to organize all the plants.

Thanks

Looks great!! Are you thinking of throwing a background on the tank? I thnk a solid black or white would look awesome! Good job man

Oh thanks man. I have thought about a black background but it might be a pain in the neck to stick it. There is not much room between the wall and the tank. My two power filters can barely fit on the back. I originally purchased a Fluval C4 but it was too big and did not fit. I replaced with the aquaclear 50 which fits tightly. I also run the Fluval C2.

That looks amazing. The plants look very nice. You have eco complete? What lighting?

Yes, it is eco complete. And the lighting is a combination of the 36 in Aqueon dual T5NO (2x 6700K) and the stock 17watts T8.

Oh thanks man. I have thought about a black background but it might be a pain in the neck to stick it. There is not much room between the wall and the tank. My two power filters can barely fit on the back. I originally purchased a Fluval C4 but it was too big and did not fit. I replaced with the aquaclear 50 which fits tightly. I also run the Fluval C2.

Tank looks great! I just added a black background to my 55 but instead of actually sticking it on the glass, I just taped the top with some black electrical tape to the black trim and the same for the bottom.

The reason I chose to do it this way was because I was getting too many air bubbles in the background. Just a thought.

And I did mine when I did a massive water change. Not that I needed to, but I chose to so that I was able to move my tank out.

Keep us updated on the progress!

Ok, I will give a shot this weekend. I use a black background for my 20 gallon and it is was not hard to stick it. A friend is coming over the weekend so i will have a helping hand.

Ok, I will give a shot this weekend. I use a black background for my 20 gallon and it is was not hard to stick it. A friend is coming over the weekend so i will have a helping hand.

Yea I had no problems with my 10 and 36g but the 55 seemed to give me some trouble. Good luck! Be sure to post some pictures when it's done.

Maybe I should start a thread on my planted 55, even though it's still a work in progress.....hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom