my 5 gal betta attempt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moss and HC is going to look nice. Looking good guys.

AFAIK no one's done the conversions for T6 yet, let alone for small bulbs. I've read some reference that its T6 that's like CF, not T5, though. Certainly sounds like more than enough light.

well i finished the hood. took me all of 10 min from start to finish. made it out of all pine. looks really nice in pine but i think i am going to paint it black. i thouhgt i would post pics of it just to show the finished project. i got one light fixture from GlenC and i used an old fixture i had that i wasnt using. it took me about 15 min to wire it but it looks good now. i used reflective tape on the inside but it isnt all that great. i think it should give me decent results. tell me what u think.
img_690583_0_b3a927206a947c5467e04b85b373f607.jpg

img_690583_1_73febecc47ca1e195eec74dd1d386de3.jpg

glenC suggested these bulbs to me and also gave them to me. they have amazing colour i can already see my plants going red.
img_690583_2_7f05c14c1212c5c60a487bc8ea9f5d06.jpg

Hey mr funktastic, that looks great! Glad to see you put those bulbs to use. They are the best combination as far as overall colour goes that I have tried. I have those exact bulbs on my 20 gallon only 18" as well as 28 wt of T-5 6700 k. I keep switching things up but I like those bulbs the best, am sticking with them. If anybody is wondering those two bulbs are they are 11000k and 6700k T-6 made by Quantum. They are called lightning rods. You can get them at BA. My red plant secret is out! Those bulbs definitely help, but there really is something in my hard water that really gets the reds to go red. That and keeping your N03 at around 10 ppm, any higher and my reds are not so red anymore. Great job!

the hygro compact u gave me was an amazing green colour but i put it in my 20 gal and it went red lol. i dont know how. and the other red plant u gave me is a deep wine red colour now. remember how much colour it lost when u dropped it off. i will post new pics of my 20 as soon as i tend to the green water a little better.

How is that diffuser working for you, the fine mist one. I believe it's called the Red Sea 200. I tried it many times, it's great when it works, but it always ended up leaking big bubbles around the seal. I got fed up with it. Hope it works better for you! If not try the other one, just place it near the output of your filter, it works better near current.

the diffuser is giving me a constant stream of very small bubbles. i put it near my filter out put aswell so the bubbles get blown around. so far so good. thanks alot for all the stuff. i just sent a huge wad of moss and some other plants to another member. the cuba seems to be holding down now and i love the glosso. all your plants are healthy and doing good. u are awesome glen.

Back
Top Bottom