My 55G reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a sumpless system. 55g tank 54 lbs of live rock 60 lbs of what was dead sand. I run 2 heaters a 250 watt and a 150 backup. For filtration I am running 2 marineland bio wheel 350's . I run filter cartridges in 3 sections and chemi-pure elite in the last section. I run a Reef Octopus HB-1000 skimmer. I have a JBJ ATO below with a 80 gph pump to be able to pump up to the tank. I run Ca at 450, Mag. At 1450, Alk around 8. For lighting I am running the 36" current USA. I currently have 1- skunk cleaner, 1-peppermint hermits, some turbos, and a few other types of snails for my clean up crew. Livestock I have a algae blenny, 3 strip damsel, yellow tail damsel, a pair of ocellero clowns, flame angel, pajama cardinal and a small blue hippo tang. For coral I hav softies, lps and I am atempting some minti frags. 1 seems to be doing well not sure about the lighting I rhink I need more intensity for this. List of corals; a few different zoas, scholy, lobo, duncan, palys, monti, sympodium, gsp, hollywood stunner challis, rainbow challis and a few different mushrooms. My system was a year old on December 5th 2015. I do water changes every 7-10 days 20%. I dose Ca, alk & mag as required. I spot feed corals once a week with coral frenzy. Ill post a few more pics below.

BTW I use RODI and mix saltwater on my own here is my mixing/ RODI setupImageUploadedByTapatalk1451825885.561472.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451825903.134691.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451825920.516668.jpg

Back
Top Bottom