My 66G planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lohoyan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been running this tank for over a year now with mixed success.

Pressurized CO2 which runs for about 9 hours while the lights are on.
I recently doubled the lighting up to 4 T5 HO 39W, 3 are lifeglow 5000K, 1 is a 10000K, I'm waiting for my lfs to get me one more lifeglo.
Ecocomplete
Dry ferts, potassium nitrate 5mils per day, potassium sulphate at 1 teaspoon per week. Occasional Hagen plantgro (micros)
Weekly water changes, 10 - 20%

Wisteria
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
Hygrophila difformis
Bacopa caroliniana
Water lettuce
Water hyacinth
Java moss

10 tetras and a couple common Goldie's who are refugees from my summer pond.

I've had a lot of trouble with diatoms, the plants over on the far right are basically trashed and barely alive from having all there leaves covered, they are not recovering. The group second from the right, some of them were just added a couple weeks ago out of my 10G. Even they are a little brown at the bottom although they are showing good new growth at the tops. The wisteria grows like a weed but even it ends up with some brown foliage perhaps due to some deficiency?

Green water started creeping back in after I upped the light so I put my pond uv filter back in.

Questions.
How are my fert levels, should I pay more attention to the micros?
Will the tank be able to handle this much light?
How can I get rid of the freaking diatoms, I'm being patient and they are less than they were but I'm considering buying a diatom filter. It's a lot if pennies to save up but I here they work great.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1914420433.jpg
    image-1914420433.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom