My Angels are devils =/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I suspect that my pair of angels have been munching on my anacharis (elodea), there were long, brilliant green and prospering fairly well. In the last few days, the leaves are...disappearing.

I don't recall reading anything about them eating plants...could I be underfeeding them?

How often are you feeding them? My angels have been known to munch a bit on some plants. What other fish do you have in the tank? It may not be the angels.

This tank has 4 yoyo loaches and 1 clown pleco in addition to the angels. But the anacharis is floating in the upper portion, I can't see the loaches hanging around up there munching on plants. They also have a few snails to focus on. =)

I have always done once a day feeding on all my tanks but perhaps it's time to revisit this idea and maybe go twice daily?

Something else to look at is what you're feeding your fish. It may be that they are looking for some variety. If you aren't already you may want to look into feeding a variety of foods and make sure to include some that have veggie content.

With the exception of my little clown pleco, everyone in this tank is a greedy little pig. The loaches will circle up and try and grab the flakes while the angels will catch the sinking pellets on the way down.

I also give the angels freeze dried bloodworms. What kind of veggies do you think would work with loaches/angels?

My angels completely destroyed every type of stem plant I put in there once they reached maturity...their own form of redecorating as they are gearing up for spawning. They do not seem to mess with the swords crypts and other lower plants, just stems. :(

I have been told they will settle down soon, you might find that they do it for a while and then stop as some other members have said. So far, mine still do it but then they are still in the process of forming pairs.

Back
Top Bottom