My black moor had grey swollen gills?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlied123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone :)

I'm worried about one of my fish, because it's gills look more separate and swollen from its body and the edge of the gills look grey and mucus like. All my other fish are fine and I carry out regular water changes and maintenance of my tank in terms of nitrate, ammonia and PH levels. I also have two good filters going. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423039286.367337.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423039298.236001.jpgThe fish is behaving normally but I'm worried that it could be suffering, just because it's gills look so different to my other fish!

I've only had my fish for a couple of months, and as far as I can remember this black moor has always had these funny gills. I've looked at symptoms before like gill clamping and parasites, fungus and bacterial infections , but if anything it's gills are more open from it's body and it seems quite happy, (no odd behaviour or scratching against plants). I've tried interpret goldfish disease safe medication which states it treats many common goldfish diseases, but no change.

What could this be? Is it just the way my fish is? And if it is curable, what should I do/use to treat it? I'm thinking maybe salt would help but I don't know?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom