My clown is going to explode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female clown eats WAY to much. I don't know if there is anything to do about it. I try not to put to much in, but it seems like there isn't to much I can do. Her stomach is huge when she is done eating.

also, she has my male clown running scared. He is hiding in the upper right corner behind my powerhead and pre-skimmer box.

anything to be done about either of these issues? Will she over eat and die?

thanks!
-Matt

forumula one frozen. ( 1/6th a cube) on mondays, wednesdays, thursdays and saturdays.

Formula two frozen. ( 1/6th a cube) on tuesdays, and fridays.

The food is shared with my two clowns ( medium sized) my coral banded shrimp, and about a dozen hermits. :p

That can't be enough to make her fat like that. Could it be a bacterial infection?
Is she like that all the time or just after eating?

she is just fat after she eats. Acually I go through about 1 forumula one cube a week so it factors out to about 1/4 a cube a day.

I feed them at about 6 o'clock at night every day and by morning shes pretty much looking normal again. (and back to begging for more food.)
:roll:

my sixline wrasse does the same thing...it looks like he swallowed a marble...and he will eat and eat until he eats so much he has to spit it back out...then my cleaner gets to eat because the wrasse letss absolutely nothing get close to the bottom

my clown does the same thing, annd shes been doing it for 5 years with no ill effects... they are just piggies!!

my stupid percula hogs all the food once it enters the tank.. hes soo fast that he gives no other fish in the tank a chance to get a nice piece of food... crazy thing..

My two Perculas pig out pretty hard, and do get big stomachs sometimes, but my Racoon Butterflyfish does something much more interesting.

This fish eats as much flake food as it can find (so far it is ignoring mysis shrimp) - then swims over to a powerhead and then "relieves itself" into the fast moving water! It is pretty gross, and it happens every time it eats.

Back
Top Bottom