My divider failed :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeky_monkey

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have two beautiful bettas in a divided 10gal tank in my sons bedroom. Batman and Two-Face.

Some time between turning their light off last night and back on again this morning, one of them has snuck past the divider. There's been an all out brawl :(

Batman: Really torn up fins, I don't recognise him. :( No fin damage goes past flesh. Looks to be ok besides the fins however is sitting on the bottom of the tank (now re-divided and fish separated) very lethargic. Wouldn't even come up for food.

Two-Face: Really torn up fins worse than Batman. No fin damage goes past flesh however he has two flesh wounds on his head. He's still got tons of energy swimming around fine however.

Now I've given them a huge water change (which they're used to as I do 80% changes once weekly on all my tanks as standard practice). I am going out today to find another hopefully more reliable divider (this one has been fine for 12 months, no issues. I still can't see where he got through.) So is there anything else I can do to promote healing besides clean water?

My son is devastated his boys were fighting, but of course Batman and Two-Face battle it out in the movies don't they. :ermm:

On of them might of jumped over the divider. Bettas can jump out of water. Just an idea on now they got together :)

The divider touches the lid, so not possible in this case. I'm guessing he somehow put pressure in a certain spot and bowed it enough to slip past.

Yep, I bet that's what happened if it wasn't In very tight. I hope the bettas get Better :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom