My fighting fish has died what have I done wrong??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've just noticed my fighting fish has died. He seemed fine yesterday. I brought 5 guppies and 2 mollies yesterday, could this be the reason ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399484602.150791.jpg

Pretty hard to say but it is tempting if that was the only change in the tank. In the photo he seems fine that I can see.

Yeah. Thanks. I do a 50% water change every week so it can't be that.

That sounds great. Should be fine. I assume the tank is cycled and ammonia is 0? Other one could be if you had a rapid ph change but your pwc schedule should prevent that.

Was there any signs on the fish or any marks? Were they all getting along ok?

Keeping Fish

I've just noticed my fighting fish has died. He seemed fine yesterday. I brought 5 guppies and 2 mollies yesterday, could this be the reason View attachment 236465

Hello chloe...

If you're new to the water keeping hobby, then you need to stick to hardy fish. Guppies and Platys if you like livebearing fish and White Clouds, Rosy Barbs, Rasboras and Zebra Danios if you like egglayers. These fish can tolerate less than perfect water conditions that happen when you're still getting a grip on the steps for good tank management.

Just a thought.

B

I would suggest there may have been an ammonia spike with adding seven fish at once. Perhaps the betta was sensitive to the sudden bioload. How old was the fish?

I would suggest there may have been an ammonia spike with adding seven fish at once. Perhaps the betta was sensitive to the sudden bioload. How old was the fish?

Hi

Simon, as I call him was 8 months old. Since I posted this 8 more fish have died. I just dont no what to do

How big is the tank, i imagine a massive ammonia spike along with some immense stress.

Hi there

My tank is 180 litres. I have had 8 more fish die since I posted this. I've done a 90 litre water change today Incase the new fish brought in something. Do u have any suggestions x

Not sure where this is at but agree with the above that water conditions are the first to check eg ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

47.5g tank. What is the total stock ? How long has tank been up ?
Have you "cleaned" the filter, if not , then don't.

Adding too many fish too fast, over cleaning a tank, over feeding, or not enough water changes can all hurt a tank.

What is your maintenance schedule ?

Can you post a pic of the tank ??
Please post water test results ?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
PH
Temp

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom