My first 10gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalmackdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello fellow aquarists.you may have seen me around the site posting nooby questions. well i think ive think ive made my final decision on a tank, and will be posting pics of the essembly as soon as i can get the stuff (parents told me i gotta get tht math grade up, so it may be a bit, or this coming weekend!)
so hears the list of stuff:

TANKSIZE: 10GALLON (20x10x6 or somethin like tht forgot the exacts)
STOCKING: 1 Betta, some MTS
LIGHTING: watever average light my aquarium dealer recommends (unless you guys got some suggestions)
SUBSTRATE: ECO-COMPLETE
FILTER: aquaclear 10 (or 20) depends
PLANTS: (no CO2 or ferts unless they start dying)
anubias nana
java fern
java moss
dwarf hair grass
water sprite
moss balls
MAYBES: lily plant small,ludwigia, acorus,hornwart, some type of crypt
dont worry FOR SURE NOT ALL OF THOSE lol

and last but not least a piece of drift wood and some rock. if any of you guys see any flaws or concerns please tell me before i spend money and harm my tank!!! thnks so much guys :cool: :D :dance:

If you swap to screw in CFLs ( I use the mini u-shaped ones ) you can grow lots. I use ones labeled for plants. Look for near 6500K.
I use two 10watt bulbs on my 10g.

I love my Crypts. I have root tabs buried in the sand for mine.

Pics of my jungle are on my profile page.

Acorus is not aquatic. I second the suggestion of using compact fluorescent bulbs instead of the stock lighting. Unless you have the single strip fluorescent kind.

really the acorus is not aquatic? i saw it on azgardens and loved. darn.
thnks for the light suggestions, hopefully i aced my test so that i can start my aquarium up this weekend. :D

Back
Top Bottom