My first fish in CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sum22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I picked up a female betta. I figured she could live in a bowl until I set up my tanks again. I'll add her to my 10g. She'll be the first addition once I move to my new place at the end of the month. I named her Meadow after the road I currently live on.

img_881751_0_cb27afde8b71c3b098b78184a40a70d7.jpg

img_881751_1_d1bab16b9617f85fde138712597f2266.jpg

Very nice! As a big fan of female bettas, it's nice seeing some of the pics people have been posting of them lately. :)

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd post an update. Sadly, Meadow passed away today. I moved her from her tank back to the bowl this past weekend.

I noticed a few scales behind her gills starting to stick out and that she looked a bit swollen on Friday, but she was acting normal. By Monday, she was very lethargic and stopped eating. She was lying on the bottom of the bowl when I returned home today. The dropsy had become very visible as her scales were sticking out from behind the gills all the way down her tail. Not a pretty sight.

However, she was an awesome fish. She frequently followed people in the tank. For instance, I could go from my laundry room to my kitchen and she would go from end to end of the tank watching me as I did chores. She will be missed.

RIP Meadow 7/11/2008 to 5/13/2010.

Back
Top Bottom