My freshwater tanks with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to switch the 2 statues with the decorative rock when I do next weeks water change
. . What do you think? It might make it look bigger?

The plants will all grow behind the driftwood. They were so tall I cut them a lot today.

have 26g

In it there are

3 black and orange platy males

2 black and multi color platy males

1 Orange platy male

1 silver Molly female

1 silver Molly fry

1 guppy female

2 guppy fry

2 marble hatchets

2 plecos(2.5 inches each)

And 1 Otto

And lots of plants!

Then I have a 10g

With 5 dwarf frogs

and a Betta
And some plants

Any opinions for decorating!?
I'd appreciate any advice on stocking etc

Do you know about Aqadvisor? It is a stocking calculator that many of us use for guidance (you still need your own common sense so it is just a guide). Be sure to use the compatible species feature.

How long has your tank been set up? What are you using to fertilize your plants? What kind of lighting and filter do you have?

I'm sorry for your losses.

Yes I've checked my stocking list there. I had my tank set up for 6 months. About a month ago I replaced my fluorite substrate with regular sand. I'm pretty sure the reason they died is because I cut ans threw away a lot of my plants (that are on the left side) they were all tangled. Then the day after that I fed the fish new sinking pellets that totally fogged up the water causing a bacteria bloom. One of my black platys died also. So now I'm left with
2 plecos, 1 orange male platy ,1 white Molly ,2 guppy babies & 4 black multicolour male platys in the

26g bowfront with fluval c3 filter. The light that came with the tank and fluval plant co2 liquid

I think I messed up the water parameters a it by cutting out too much of my plants. Not sure if that's possible. But everything was fine before I did that. ( well it was the pellet food for sure ) but maybe the plants usually helped to clear the water.

Yes, it is possible. Plants do help clear the water and help keep the nitrates in check. Many things can mess up your water and you are right, certain food can be another.

Do you use a fertilizer as well as the liquid CO2? Most of use use fertilizer to make sure the plants get everything they need.

That's a nice HOB filter. Glad you seem to be getting your tank back in balance!

That's really coming along. I like your curved front tank, too.

The cloudiness should clear up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom