My girlfriend's guppy went missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KFav93

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. My girlfriend has a 5.5 gallon tank with 3 male guppies. There was a 4th one last week but he went missing. There's not much room to hide in a 5.5 and we literally took the tank apart to look for it. We haven't see it anywhere or even a body. Can anyone explain?

Suck up into filter or tubing, do you have a grate of any kind over the filtration intake?

As the above poster asked, do you have protection on your filtration system? What about a lid? Guppies will leap out of the water and can end up out of the tank if there's nothing there to stop them. I'd also recommend you upgrade your guppies to a 10 gallon as they'd be much happier in that :) it will also make things MUCH easier for you like maintaining water quality.

As the above poster asked, do you have protection on your filtration system? What about a lid? Guppies will leap out of the water and can end up out of the tank if there's nothing there to stop them. I'd also recommend you upgrade your guppies to a 10 gallon as they'd be much happier in that :) it will also make things MUCH easier for you like maintaining water quality.
I'm not asking for advice on their living situation. My girlfriend has a 5.5 gallon as a desk tank, she has no room to upgrade. Thanks though. The filter has a tube, but it's really think. Idk how it'd be able to get in there. And she has a hood that covers the tank. There are only like 2 small gaps, but I don't think it would've been able to get out.

90 percent of the time I never find dead/missing bodies. I usually keep lots snails. Do you have snails? Be surprised how quick a dozen snails can make something disappear.

90 percent of the time I never find dead/missing bodies. I usually keep lots snails. Do you have snails? Be surprised how quick a dozen snails can make something disappear.
Nope, no snails. We thought the fish might very ate it? I don't know if they do that though

I had a male guppy disappear once in a 10 gallon tank with a lid. Checked the filter & the tube never did find it. Checked everywhere.So I think sometimes the other fish must eat them...after they've already died. That helps me feel better anyway. I know they eat their babies. Just the only thing I could figure out.

Back
Top Bottom