My Green Spotted Puffer Losing Energy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarynchao0214

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 2 GSP from a breeder yesterday. One is a very pretty, golden and white belly puffer and very friendly when we approach the tank and always craving for food.
The second one was a bit grey on the belly when we brought him on our way home but he was better after getting to the new home and was eating with the first puffer as well.

This morning when I checked on them, the second one looks stressed and losing energy by always lying on the gravel (turn darker when resting) and hiding, and he's not interested in any food.
The first one was as energetic as yesterday and always exploring the aquarium during the morning but later afternoon he's resting like the second one and not so active anymore but still will come when we approach. and hiding in the decor cave...

I am very worried as I did a lot of research before having them and made sure to follow their water parameters...

I have a 37-gallon tank and they both juvy, I set the SG at around 1.006. I did the water test I don't find out the issue. Test result with 0-20 nitrate, 0 nitrite, 150 ppm water hardness, 0chlorine, 120-180 alkalinity, 8.4 ph, with the 80F.

Can someone guide me on what should I do or what is going on to them? Maybe they're just stressed about the new environment?:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 16
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 13
Yes, I did. I follow his water parameters basically...the only thing that would be different is the water hardness.

You can try daily wcs but that's going to get annoying with the whole marine salt mix. They're tough fish, theyll tolerate the salinity swings over the ammonia and nitrite.

Back
Top Bottom