My hornwort plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have one hornwort plant in my tank, I've had it for about a week now. Everyday the tips start to slowly droop towards the bottom, it doesn't seem to dieing or anything. Do I just need to prune it??

Are you using root tabs? What lighting system is on there, and how big is the tank?

It's a 28 gallon bowfront. It's a single long bulb, it says its 15 watts. And I'm sorry but I don't even know what root tabs are...

It's a 28 gallon bowfront. It's a single long bulb, it says its 15 watts. And I'm sorry but I don't even know what root tabs are...

1. IMO u need better lighting!

2. Root tabs are hard circle shaped fertilizers.

3. IMO liquid fertilizers will be better than root tabs because hornwort also takes in nutrients from it's leaves.

abrage22 said:
Hi, I have one hornwort plant in my tank, I've had it for about a week now. Everyday the tips start to slowly droop towards the bottom, it doesn't seem to dieing or anything. Do I just need to prune it??

Even though hornwort is a low light plant, your lighting is underpowered for your tank size and if you can, float it for better growth.

Ferts won't help much without adequate lighting and Hornwort feeds from the water, not so much from roots.

Back
Top Bottom