my lfs screwed up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ibn219

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My lfs sold me an African clawed frog by mistake he thought i was a dwarf. He is the best in my area store called just fish only deals in tropicals salt fresh exotic and live feeders. He must have been fooled. I didn't find out till he ate one of my neon tetras but now I'm worried about my other fish my glow lights and guppies maybe even my male glass tetras could be small enough to eat. My daughter has a soft shell turtle in a ten gallon tank with a couple of gold fish would he be alright in there. Im looking for another tank my quarantine tank is a 5 gall. Bucket with a filter and air stone but i dont heat it right now and keep goldfish in there to feed bacteria

ibn219 said:
My lfs sold me an African clawed frog by mistake he thought i was a dwarf. He is the best in my area store called just fish only deals in tropicals salt fresh exotic and live feeders. He must have been fooled. I didn't find out till he ate one of my neon tetras but now I'm worried about my other fish my glow lights and guppies maybe even my male glass tetras could be small enough to eat. My daughter has a soft shell turtle in a ten gallon tank with a couple of gold fish would he be alright in there. Im looking for another tank my quarantine tank is a 5 gall. Bucket with a filter and air stone but i dont heat it right now and keep goldfish in there to feed bacteria

The ten gal is overstocked already. If you out him in there he will most likely die from ammonia poisoning. These suckers get huge, and have BIG claws.

My little cousin made the same mistake. She was sold an African clawed frog and it ate all of her fish, leaving her with just a big ugly frog in her tank. I would see if you can return it to the store, as it would probably eat all your fish in the tank it is in, and as was said, the ten gallon is overstocked already and it would probably die in there.

Back
Top Bottom