My Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyanRan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I have yet some more questions about lighting in my tank. You can check my profile for tank specifications, but I am wondering with two Aqua-Glo T8 24" lights, how long they should be on for? My timer is set for 7am until 8 pm. I know that's way too much, but I want some advice. My tank is a mess right now, as I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it. I currently dose Flourish Comprehensive once a week, and do not supplement CO2. I have algae growing so I just assumed it was because the lights are on way too long.

When you have alot of algae you need to go down to 6 hours until it improves but don't run it longer than 8 hours. There are also other issues that could be causing algae depending on the type of algae you have.

The algae isn't exactly a problem because the Pond Snails eat it faster than it can grow, but I think this is what is fueling the outbreak of them. Too much food for them. I'll turn down the light hours to 8 probably.

The algae isn't exactly a problem because the Pond Snails eat it faster than it can grow, but I think this is what is fueling the outbreak of them. Too much food for them. I'll turn down the light hours to 8 probably.

It's like the story about those lady that swallowed the fly...

What kind or algae is this? Different algae have different causes.

Back
Top Bottom