My local biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I am from Jersey as most of you know. I decided what the heck lets do a local biotope. Tell me what you think

Garbage_landfill.jpg

lol well those cooling towers in the back could actually totally be a cool theme. make some small fake ones that glow. with some green lighting! and neon fish!

At the Shedd Aquarium here in Chicago, they have side by side tanks that are supposed to represent Lake Michigan now and thirty-some years ago. The thirty-some years ago tank looks a lot like that, just with more water.

That looks like what I see when I look out my back window. I'm in north jersey on the delaware river and I have a view of cooling towers. I'm glad it isn't nuclear, the county voted against it so they ended up wasting a lot of money building it for it to end up being a regular old power plant with two decorative cooling towers. NJ Biotope FTW.

That looks like what I see when I look out my back window. I'm in north jersey on the delaware river and I have a view of cooling towers. I'm glad it isn't nuclear, the county voted against it so they ended up wasting a lot of money building it for it to end up being a regular old power plant with two decorative cooling towers. NJ Biotope FTW.

No way!!! The martins creek ones?? Its an oil plant and they ddo use the cooling towers. I live in belvidere btw.

Didn't know they used them. I hear so many different things about that plant. Nice to meet a neighbor from NJ's "best kept secret." lol.

Back
Top Bottom