My love nest fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sushiluver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed in the past few days that my fish have been showing a lot of affection towards each other.

When I first bought my veil tail angel as soon as I put him in he/she started staring at the Arowana. It couldn't be for food because the Aro is 5 times bigger. The Aro has never shown any aggression towards the Angel either. It seemed like love at first sight. Now they've "cooled" off a bit and seem to spend more time apart. Maybe the initial infatuation stage has worn off.

Now my Yo Yo loach and a Bala shark are going at it. I see them snuggling nose to nose swimming together and shuddering together like they were mating or something. It doesn't seem like any type of aggressive behavior since the Bala could just dash away if it wanted to. The funny thing is the Bala would chase the other Bala away as if it didn't want to be disturbed.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it sure seems like my fish have a love fest going on here. Anyone have any idea why they are doing this?

I hope its huge with an Aro and balas. :D

Nice to see that everyone likes each other though...it would be worse if it was the other way around.

Are they locking lips like they are kissing at all? If so that would be a sign of aggression. Cichlids for example do the shudder and lip lock when fighting.

With the fish you've got the tank needs to be at least 100g for awhile then when the arowa get's older bigger is better. LOL

They're all in a 150g tank and seem very happy.

They are not locking lips. They just swim next to each other shuddering. The Balas and Yo Yo are only 2.5 inches. The Aro is about 6 inches and the angel is about the size of a nickel. So they're still fairly young.

Maybe they're "experimenting"...

and the aro doesnt think about snacking on the small angel?

bala's like being with more than one bala, could be he just is desperate for a friend

but hey, you could have a monopoly on the hybrid yoyo-bala market

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom