My new 10 gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I can wait to put a nice betta fish and my blue ramshorn snails, I'll probably move my kuhli loaches since it has sand, I'm seeding my sponge filter in my 20 gallons tank

ForumRunner_20120424_204057.jpg

Cool tank I like the lights and plants! What is the light fixture?

Its a marineland that you get at petsmart, with 6 white leds and 3 blue ones

ForumRunner_20120424_205830.jpg

Nice looking tank! Let us know how the plants do with that light fixture. A betta would be very lucky to get that tank as its home :)

labn said:
Its a marineland that you get at petsmart, with 6 white leds and 3 blue ones

Cool thanks for telling me and hope it goes well with plants!

Its just a decoration, and yes it is black sand from petco

I think you have to take some factors into account, some will say yes some will say impossible, I think you would start with your tank parameters, does the temperature, the ph, the kh and even the water flow in your tank work for your betta? Then check your tank setup is there any element in your tank that can hurt your betta? After that you must have compatible tank mates and even when in theory you have right ones the tempers of each fish are different, I think that the best easy to introduce him to the tank would be using one of those breeding things that you can have inside the tank with suction cups, well all of this is just my opinion

Parrisgg said:
Oh okay, do you guys think a male betta could work in a community tank?

I was scared to try my (pink) Male Veiltail in my 20 long community tank of tetras, danios, mollies, oto cat, and UD cat in fear he would attack. One day i floated him in (when my daughter wasnt watching) and much to my surprise everyone wanted to eat HIS flowing fins, like fish candy blowing in the breeze, he couldn't move fast enough. Short trip for "brain".

An update to this... Well this tank took a whole different way, it it's housing my nice half moon betta named Zeus, along with three ghost shrimps, three golden white clouds and a lot of russian blue ramshorn snails

ForumRunner_20121019_192916.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_192926.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_192936.jpg

Parrisgg said:
Holy crap, how did your grass so thick?

None of it is grass, the thing in the middle part is flame moss and the thing to the right is java moss

Back
Top Bottom