My new babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Totter760

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My blue balloon rams! I just love these guys! Does anyone else have them and what is your experience with them?

Attachments

• image-441737897.jpg
    image-441737897.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2671225882.jpg
    image-2671225882.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 138
Rarely see ballon rams. They are electric blues. I have 4 regular electric blue rams. What do you want to know about them?

Rivercats said:
Rarely see ballon rams. They are electric blues. I have 4 regular electric blue rams. What do you want to know about them?

I was just wondering what they prefer to eat right now they see to be only interested in these shrimp pellets.

My rams staple food is New Life Spectum Thera A. Then they eat freezed dried and frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and their favorite is de-shelled peas. For peas I put a few frozen peas in a 3oz. solo cup with really hot tap water, microwave for 15 seconds, remove and pour off water, de-shell by either squeezing and popping inner pea out or poke pea with sharp knife and squeeze which will pop the pea out. Then squish the pea's alittle and add to tank a couple at a time. My guys go nuts over them. In order for you to get your guys to eat other items you are going to have to back off the shrimp pellets and let them get hungry so they will eat something else. As long as you give them the only food they want they probably won't try anything new. Frozen brine shrimp is something most fish will gladly eat. Might want to try that first.

bud29 said:
I am curious, where did you get those? I have never seen them before.

I got them at our local fish store. I was really surprised that he is able to get them cuz they are very hard to find. We had gotten one from him before when we had our 20gal tank but it died. So far they are loving my 50gal and they are very sweet, they come to the front of the tank to greet me! I'll have to see if I can find out where he orders his fish.

Back
Top Bottom