My planted adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to break the bad news to you, but mondo grass isn't a fully aquatic plant. I believe it's semi-aquatic, meaning that it needs to be partially growing out of the water. Otherwise, you'll having rotting plant matter which can negatively impact your water quality.

Also, that java fern shouldn't be planted in gravel. The rhizome should not be covered. Java fern should be tied to stone or driftwood with thread.

Welcome to the beginning of an addiction within an addiction :)

Yes, plus one to that! Welcome to the Planted side. Just do some reading, research, and ask questions.... lots to learn. But more importantly, have fun :)

I hate to break the bad news to you, but mondo grass isn't a fully aquatic plant. I believe it's semi-aquatic, meaning that it needs to be partially growing out of the water. Otherwise, you'll having rotting plant matter which can negatively impact your water quality.

Also, that java fern shouldn't be planted in gravel. The rhizome should not be covered. Java fern should be tied to stone or driftwood with thread.

I see. Well i will think of something... Perhaps lower the water level until they grow high enough to poke out? Thanks for the suggestion though!

I see. Well i will think of something... Perhaps lower the water level until they grow high enough to poke out? Thanks for the suggestion though!

You would only have a depth 1-2" of water at best if you did that. You should look for a different plant; bunch plants such as anacharis and hornwort are usually available at most LFSs.

Back
Top Bottom