My pleco died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elfgoddess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a pleco yesterday along with some other fish. We have a 25 gallon tank and have had it for years. The other fish are doing fine. Just yesterday night he was sucking on the side of the tank. When I got home today he was sitting in the sand. I fed the fish and he was just sitting in the same spot. When I got concerned I put the net in to try to move him out of his spot. He ended up turning over lifelessly, and then started to float. It almost appeared that he got petrified. He was frozen in the same spot for hours. I'm guessing he was dead for a few hours. I checked the ph of the tank and it was fine. All the other fish seem to be fine. Did I buy a sick fish? He looked like he had a wierd spot on him. I am concerned about the other fish. The tank is clean, I have a few other bottom feeders and they are doing well. We've had them for awhile. No fish were being hostile towards him either.

You said u tested the ph? That's not your main concern. Whsts the ammonia, nitrates , nitrites ? What is your cleaning schedule?

Back
Top Bottom