My RBTA doesn't BUBBLE !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peixe

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello guys.
I've got an Rose Bubble Tip Anemone and it has long and straight tentacles, they only had the "bulb" shape at the minute I put the invert into my tank. Do you know what could cause it? Is it a bad health indication or even worse? The clown loves it since it was introduced to the anemone and they have been living a beautiful relationship!
My water has "normal" parameters with temp at 79-81 and salt at 1.022-23

Mine would only bubble once in awhile than again I got her bleached so it took about a year for her to fully recover. Than she would bubble when she wanted to and I had the right lights for her too. I had Radion Pros 4 of them for my 280 that my uncle bought me when my T5HOs finally died and could not get them to work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No one really knows the reason they bubble in some situations and not others, even though parameters may be ideal. It is no indication that it's in poor health, or not enough light.

I guess I will leave it up to her then. Thanks guys. By knowing that no one really can tell why it happens and that its not a health issue I am already "fine" with no seeing bulbs :):):):thanks:

It is definitely odd...even odder that no one has studied it. But I have seen two anemone side by side, literally a split from the other, where one bubbled and the other didn't. Strange and really neat all at the same time.

That is similar to my experience (one splitting and side by side one bubbles more than the other). I also think they are less likely to bubble when the current is high. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417185439.750881.jpg

That is similar to my experience (one splitting and side by side one bubbles more than the other). I also think they are less likely to bubble when the current is high. View attachment 256791

You may be right that they won't bubble when the current is high. Just looking at that picture I can tell the one on the left seems to be on a spot with high flow.

Back
Top Bottom