My Rose Bulb Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisc0930

Aquarium Advice Activist
The other day I bought a rose bulb anemone. It looks very stringy, it hasn't eaten when I tried to target feed it, and today it actually looks like it shrunk a bit. I'm concerned that I was sold a sick anemone. When I purchased it, I actually pointed out a tan bulb that looked very healthy to me but I didn't a tally witness the clerk putting it into the bag for me. Do I just need to give it more time? Or should I be concerned? I've tested all my levels and everything checks out perfectly. My lighting is a marine capable led (yes I know the community's opinions on the lamp but bare in mind this same lamp kept a carpet anemone for nearly 5 years and kept it very healthy. I sold it back to the LPS because it became troublesome)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Moving into a new tank is stressful and feeding anemone can be just as stressful. If the parameters are stable and lighting is intense everything will be just fine with time.

Great thanks! Should I try to feed it again in a couple days? Or leave it alone for longer? I have krill, or I can target feed it some brine.

If leave it be. They don't need a lot of food. I give mine a bit of mysis maybe once every week to every other week and it is doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It moved itself to the bottom of my tank, now looks like it's reaching. Should I put it back up to its original location?

Attachments

• 1460649846881.jpg
    1460649846881.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 79
Ya, I know about its foot, that's why I'm reluctant to move it. I'm just concerned that like you said, it moved to a spot that isn't in its best interest. My carpet stayed on the bed of my tank and it did just fine there but I thought bulbs had to be higher. This is my first bulb by the way

They will move around till they find the perfect spot. A lot of times they will hide the foot in the shadows and reach around for the lighting. That is what mine would do. I would not target feed till it gets better.

One of my clowns has just started hosting it. Im hoping that will help it acclimate better

Back
Top Bottom