My royal gramma is a digger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoosier Daddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My first post here.

My royal grama likes to swim across the tank and dive into a hole in the rockwork that leads to the sandbed. He hits the sand and a puff of sand comes out. Funny but I was wondering if this was normal behavior for a royal grama. Sometimes he swims out and has sand on him, hopefully he wont hurt himself.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Mine pretty much does the same thing when someone approaches the tank. They sure are fast.

Hoosier Daddy said:
My first post here.

Hah... posting cherry. :lol:

I don't know what it is about the gramma... I want one, but my girlfriend doesn't. Another one of those "freshwater looking" fish that she constantly bashes. :oops: One of these days I swear I'll get one. BTW, welcome to AA! :D

HOW CAN SHE NOT WANT A GRAMMA!!!! Well mine does no such thing so I can't say if it is normal or not. Mine rushes into a crevice between two rocks. I'm supprised it hasn't bashed it's head yet cause the opening is less than 1/2". It swims into it sideways at break neck speeds!!!!

Yeah... that's what I say!! :lol: I think she wants a yellow fish, and I don't want a tang. I was going to go with a Yellow Watchman Goby, but it stays on the sand mostly. I can't really go for a Butterfly, or an Angel, as I only have a 60 gal tank, and am planning a reef (most butterfly's aren't reef safe, or are at least questionable).

We'll see what I do. Sorry to hijack the thread. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom