My shy fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martiniduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just did a pwc, moved around some of the plants in the tank, and moved my male molly out of my 29 gallon and into a 10 gallon. I was tired of the monthly gift of fry in my tank. Now all 4 female mollies in the tank are always hiding in the back of the tank. They never were shy, in fact they always got excited to see me and would get into feeding frenzy mode when I would walk by. My tank looks like it is completely empty and I do not like the fact that they seem stressed and need to hide. Do I reintroduce the male or wait awhile to see if they come around?

If you just did this, give them some time. You have disturbed there enviroment and they will need a few days to get used to this.

Thanks, It just weird, because I've had them for a year now and they have never acted like this. I do water changes weekly and they come out right after I vacuum the gravel. This time they have just are hiding.

It's most likely because you rearranged there tank. They will have to get used to it. Think of it as having to get used to a new house when you move in :)

Back
Top Bottom