my tank pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
these are some pictures of my tank. They are not the greatest quality, they were taken on a cell phone. Let me know what you think!

A few people told me i should have a larger tank (i have 55 gallon) for my rainbow shark. let me know what you think. I have him now, not taking it back, when he is full grown i wont have any one to give it to (if he gets to aggressive)...

Attachments

• IMG_20110810_115337.jpg
    IMG_20110810_115337.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20110810_115408.jpg
    IMG_20110810_115408.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20110810_115351.jpg
    IMG_20110810_115351.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20110810_115321.jpg
    IMG_20110810_115321.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 79
Very nice tank!! A 55 gal .. which is the minimum ... should be ok for rainbow shark. They do get territorially aggressive as they get older ... but it's the nature of the beast. It's at it worst against other members of it's species, RedTail sharks or other similar looking fish.

Provide plenty of DW, caves, ornaments, plants etc ... to establish territories for it to claim. I've read if it gets too aggressive just change the decor to establish new territories. Seems to have worked a bit with my red-tail shark.

thank you. its my first tank... well since i was a kid. he loves to hide in that house, but i assume he will out grow it... so i will have to get like a hollow tube for him. he loves that wood, i was surprised, i put it in there for my clown pleco

thanks! ya bubbles come out chimney and also spin the wheel on the left.

I saw one of those at PetSmart, I thought it was pretty cool. My gf was trying to convince me to switch my tank to a 'beach front'... didn't work. Glad to see that it would have looked very cool in the end.

I have a Rainbow Shark in my tank, he's about 1.25" at the moment. I put a small Bala Shark in my tank with him, the rainbow had him dead in 2 days. So I took him back, got another one more his size, and Bow (my rainbow shark) had him dead within another 2-3 days.

My Rainbow is very nice with all of the other fish, I just haven't tried any other sharks since.

--- Edit ---

I stocked my tank (55gal) with the intention that I will not add anymore fish until there is no more fish in there. I will move fish if need be due to territory reasons, but they are all babies right now. If they can co-exist when adults, than so be it. I'm into bigger fish, and rainbow sharks are pretty neat looking when they are bigger.

Ya in doing research almost everything said not to put two sharks together. Thats good hes nice to others. Mine has been pretty mellow so far, grazing on algea most the time, I have seen him chase fish away from his house a few times. i just hope as he gets larger he does not get more aggressive..

yep we got it from petsmart. the rainbow shark and pleco love it. Unfortunatly im sure the rainbow shark will out grow it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom