My Tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slappyking

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my tank setup so far..

img_1585113_0_8c58650566cbc5b73ac2ae3260ff5ed4.jpg

img_1585113_1_49ebbb000310cddc70eb7b30a87e034e.jpg

I have Weeping moss, Riccia and Hemianthus Callitrichoides 'Cuba planted in there.

How long would it actually take for the plants to get established?

Any thoughts how my tank can be improved?

Thankyou :)

Doesn't look like you have much light in there...

HC really needs CO2 or at least excel, high lights, a ferts. Otherwise it'll just die on you. Not sure about Riccia, but I think its along the same lines if you're not floating it.

Cucumber for a pleco/oto?

Yup, IME floating is the only option for riccia in low-med light tanks.

I have a Fo15 bulb?.... is that a low level light? I have also been putting in a plant fertiliser, I was thinking about floating the ricccia but it was just getting bounced around the tank to much lol..and i thought it was a fairly hardy moss?

The cucumber is for my bristlenose lol, although, the guppy's eat it instead :)

I have a Fo15 bulb?.... is that a low level light? I have also been putting in a plant fertiliser, I was thinking about floating the ricccia but it was just getting bounced around the tank to much lol..and i thought it was a fairly hardy moss?

The cucumber is for my bristlenose lol, although, the guppy's eat it instead :)

by FO15 do you mean a T8? Then yes, you have fairly low light.

not sure if FO15 means T8 sorry.... all it says on the lamp is FO15 Plant growth light lol..... i have been down to my local fish shop and seen some T15's which say's are good for plant growth? they're about £15 for my size bulb..

ermmm yep thats what i meant lol, we'll see how my plants grow (or not) and i'll post a couple of pics in a few weeks time :)

Back
Top Bottom