My wcmms fin has gone :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I'm new to all this so was wondering if anyone can help? I have a 35litre (9-10 gallon) tank with 8 wcmm and 3 platys, 2 platys are fine and swim round together yet the other one has started to bully the wcmm and has even started Nipping at their tails causin one wcmm to lose most of it's back fin, will this grow bk? And will he survive?? Also why is the platy doin this?? Thanks for any help :)

It should grow back, try treating with melafix or pimafix. It may just be because your tank is a little overstocked

Thanks I'll give it a try, will I have to take the injured fish out of the tank to treat him or will it be ok with the others? I've taken the bully fish out of the tank now 2 as I didn't want him injuring the others.

I'm sorry, but wcmm? If that's a micro fish your cool, but if not we could have a stocking problem.

Chris22 said:
Thanks I'll give it a try, will I have to take the injured fish out of the tank to treat him or will it be ok with the others? I've taken the bully fish out of the tank now 2 as I didn't want him injuring the others.

If you can it'd be best, but only if you've got a cycled hospital place for him. A bucket of treated, uncycled tap water isn't gonna help him much. Instead, put some of your gravel in a pantyhose, and squeeze some filter goop into a bucket of old tank water. That way you don't shock the fish.

Yeah white cloud mountain minnows, only small little things, they were all fine at first I had 4 platys but one died, now it's like the platy lost his mate so he's attacking the others.

The most important thing would be treating the injured fish and removing the bully fish

No I haven't got a hospital tank, I've got a spare tank so I might have to set it up and treat and cycle the water etc.

Homedog98 said:
If you can it'd be best, but only if you've got a cycled hospital place for him. A bucket of treated, uncycled tap water isn't gonna help him much. Instead, put some of your gravel in a pantyhose, and squeeze some filter goop into a bucket of old tank water. That way you don't shock the fish.

Thanks I'll try this.

Homedog98 said:
Your welcome! Hope he improves!

Jus an update on the injured White cloud, he sadly died :( I got home
From work the following day after I got him some meds and couldn't find him anywhere I moved my deco to make sure he wasnt hiding anywhere but no sign of him, my guess is the others feasted on him :( I'm now gettin a 115l tank as my biube was restricting my options of fish. Thank u all for the advice anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom