Mystery Snail has Large Crack in Shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sketchcarellz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I woke up this morning to find that my mystery snail has a large crack in her shell. One of my ghost shrimp was nibbling on her exposed skin, so I removed her from the tank and put her in a small tank for now. I have a spare 5 gallon that I can put her in eventually.

She is moving about and her behavior is not much different yet. I've read that you can patch cracked shells up, but I don't know how bad this is and wanted some advice from people with more experience. What should I do?

6kdqxzQ.jpg

IBZ8eCV.jpg

It should seal up on its own with time. If you have anything to raise the mineral content (calcium etc) in the water I believe that would help too.

You can patch her up with egg shell. It won't repair on its own as there's flesh exposed. Take a look at this forum i use they'll help you patch her up Applesnail.net removing her was a good move as the shrimp would just want to pick at the flesh. Good luck [emoji3]

^ obviously someone who knows more than me lol. You learn something new everyday :) I've just delt with cracks and felt the same principles applied.

Back
Top Bottom