Mystery Snail shell regrowth . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
So a week or 2 ago I was in my backyard when I turn around to see my little Chihuahua standing there staring at me like she does when she wants me to throw her toy. I look around for her toy but don't see it, then I notice something odd in the grass next to her. Turns out its one of my female Blue Mystery Snails. Hmmm. I had moved her into the 46g tank with a known male mystery when the 10g she was in sprung a leak. She apparently didn't like the males attention & got out of the tank, survived the 4 foot fall to the floor only to have my Chi think she had a new toy. I picked her up & put her I to a different 10g tank with no other snails, started adding liquid calcium daily. The 1st pics are from the day she was damaged & the other 2 from today. I think its pretty amazing how much regrowth she's had.

Attachments

• image-3449187387.jpg
    image-3449187387.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1608501269.jpg
    image-1608501269.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2151468164.jpg
    image-2151468164.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3889999843.jpg
    image-3889999843.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 126
She looks good! Have you put any supplements in the tank for her shell? If not then i recommend cuttlebone, you can get it from your bird section of any pet store(its for beaks)

Thanks. I've been adding liquid calcium to the tank every day & she's had some veggies, she's even laid some eggs 2-3 times. I have no idea how long she was out of the tank, but I was pleasantly surprised when she started exploring the new tank within about 10 minutes of being put in it & really glad to see the shell regrow so quickly. I have nothing but bad experiences when I have more than one mystery in the same tank, won't do that ever again.

Omg! Dogs will play with anything lol glad you found her, she reminds me of my blue male. It's amazing how well her shell has repaired! :)

I love our mystery snails.

You are adding calcium to your tank, are there fish in there? Can I add calcium to the tank for my snails if they are with fish?

I love our mystery snails.

You are adding calcium to your tank, are there fish in there? Can I add calcium to the tank for my snails if they are with fish?

I do have fish & I'm not regular with adding the liquid calcium but I do add at least once or twice a week to each of the tanks with snails. I was adding it everyday to this one so this snail would have boost re growing her shell. Someone on here had told me about using liquid calcium, unfortunately I can't remember who it was because it was so long ago.

Back
Top Bottom