Mystery Snail - what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennyH5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I moved my Mystery Snails to a larger tank. I feed them Snell-o. Today I found this all over the tank. Is this snail poo?

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpg
    IMG_4022.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 31
Absolutely looks like snail poo to me too!!!

Also, has anyone ever had a snail that was happier in a small tank??
Of all my snails... there is one... my VERY FIRST snail ever!! He seems so much more active and happy in a small tank alone.. when I put him in the 15gal. He never moved once!
Then had to move to a 3.5 for a fungal infection in the 15gal and he still wasnt himself. He started in a 1.5 gal.. which is where I have him now by himself... and he is more "himself" than I've seen since moving him the first time!!!
Is it better to just leave him be in a 1.5??
I constantly changed his water and can do it again!! If that's where hes happiest. I feel I should leave him be...

But has anyone else ever seen this???
OP?? Anything like this??

Edit: he is a SMALL magenta 'mystery snail' about a quarter of an inch.... if that.. very small.

Last edited:
Hi was any fish harassing your snail? I've had that issue before and moved my snails and they've been more mobile away from the fish.
Myself if your snail is happy go for it just don't add anything else as the filter won't keep up with the bio load, definitely keep up on the water changes as snails are poop machines lol

Back
Top Bottom