Nano Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dominus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am building my own tank (another thread in diy section) and had a few questions. The measurements for the tank are 18 inches long by 12 inches deep by 9 inches tall, I know these are odd measurements but that is why I am making my own! :)

But down to business, this is going to be a pretty serious planted tank and my question is lighting? What can I do for it? It is going to be a rimless tank and I really like the look of rimless with a clip on light but I cant seem to find any that put out a good wattage. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe of doing two clip ons but I am not trying to break the bank so if I can do better with an t5 for 60 bucks (cost of two 13 watt clip on's) or less then Ill go with that.

The plants I am going to have, hmmmm this tank being so short is basically shrimp sanctuary with maybe a few pygme cories to go with my red cherry shrimp, I am hoping that the shrimp will breed that is why I am not doing any other fish (protect the fry). So basically I am going to need some help with this one!

Thanks all!

Thanks rookie! That is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted something close to forts light but nothing was coming up!

So with this light fixture what would my tank be considered? low light?

I'd say that would be more in the higher end of medium. I think fort would know better, as I get all confused when it comes to lighting small tanks.

Do you have any scaping plans? Are you going to go for the nature aquarium look?

Thinking flourite as a substrate and for the plants I want a kind of forrest of sword like plants that the shrimp will walk under and around and the cories can swim through, a driftwood piece and hopefully a sheet rock cave but I don't know where to get the supplies to make it.

Back
Top Bottom