Need a few suggestions..restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently had die off, I have waited until everything evened out and no deaths. I have added 2 additional Panda cories. So my now stock is as follows:

4 Panda cories
1 bronze cory
1 Possibly Corydoras zygatus ( was sold as a darker bronze cory)

Now I am looking for ideas for restocking. I had neons both black and regular Neons. I am also stuck, because I cannot find another zygatus cory. I am planning on adding 4 additional pandas

stats:
20 high,
Marineland 150 filter
Sand substrate (Petco brand),
Once weekly 8 gallons water change
cycled 6 months+
I have slightly hard water

Attachments

• 100_1303.jpg
    100_1303.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1307.jpg
    100_1307.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 83
plants

I'm planning on doing oh, goodness the term escapes me...Plants that grow out of the top of the tank. I do have a light compact florescent, no hood.

PAR Data-Spiral Power Saver Bulbs, lighting question - Page 2

I read through the forum and it makes sense. I have a plain compact and my amazon sword has taken off.

I think a few different tetras would be great any ideas?

Black blurs

I have 2 black molly fry, they are going to be going to a new home because they seem to like nipping my cory's fins. even though I feed them well, any ideas for non nippers and what to do about only one zygatus cory? Will he be okay with the other, I bought my bronze and the darker cory separately. so I got home and went huh they are different. I want a peaceful tank.

Well if you have 6 cories they should all school togeher but i dont think you need more. I would do one angel and thats it. Or you could maybe do like three schools of tetras.

Because of the footprint of the tank I wouldn't add anymore cories or other bottom dwellers. IMO your looking at one or two smallish schools and a single (small) centerpiece fish such as a small gourami species or a betta.

Great!! Petsmarts HUGE fish sale is coming up 25th anniversary so I will see what they have in the tetra line.I am hoping to negotiate a 29 gallon from my hubby :brows:
Then everyone will have room, space, and perhaps I can add to the schools. I am unsure about keeping the 1 zygatus cory and the bronze you think I should trade them in? I hate they are alone.

Sorry guys I know this is off topic but when is the 25th anniversary sale? I'm on vacation and I have a 150 gallon tank with 3 fish...

Oceangirl said:
Great!! Petsmarts HUGE fish sale is coming up 25th anniversary so I will see what they have in the tetra line.I am hoping to negotiate a 29 gallon from my hubby :brows:
Then everyone will have room, space, and perhaps I can add to the schools. I am unsure about keeping the 1 zygatus cory and the bronze you think I should trade them in? I hate they are alone.

I dont think you should trade them in. All six of them should school together or at least feel secure with having 5 other buddies.

1st

The sale is august 4 th aqnd 5 th.

I will continue looking for a second zygatus cory, and perhaps one more bronze and be done on the bottom. As long as they feel secure. I swear i have the Quarantine tank of death, I QT a panda cory looks like it had the start of shredded fins. So I QT last nite with my husband looking after him during the day while I was at work. He pasted away? What the hey. I used 2/3 Mature tank water, then 1 clean gallon water, aged sponge I was keeping in the main tank to grow BB for 2 1/2 weeks. Just shoot me :nono:

Plus I cover the tank with a towl over the lid to make sure he felt better in the dark.

I really dont think you need any cories. 6 is a lot. And adding another zygatus cory most likely wont make them school if you didt buy them together

Back
Top Bottom