Need a little advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tghersh88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i started my salt water fish tank about a month ago its a 90 gallon tank
the first fish i got is a humu picasso trigger fish, he is doing great and i love him in my tank. About a week or so late i got a spotted sweetlip (didnt do much research) The sweetlips seemed to be doing fine. After that i got 2 mexican turbo snails. I got 2 sally light foot crabs 2 days ago and they seem to be doing fine. But the same night i got the crabs my snails died and last night sweetlips died. Could you tell me why?

Also what would be good additions to the tank?

How did you cycle your tank? It is unlikely that the snails or crabs had anything to do with your fish dying. Snails are actually quite sensative and if you don't acclimate them well or the LFS didn't they will die. The best thing you can do is start by telling us what your water parameters are.

Nitrate
Nitrite
Ammonia
Salinity
Ph

Did you notice anything wrong with the sweetlips before it passed? Labored breathing, red gills, spots or discolorations, lack of appetite, those kinds of things.

Standard first questions are:
First a few questions :
How old is your tank ?
How did you cycle your tank and when?
What has changed in your tank (new livestock, additives, partial water change, etc.)
How much LR, a/o LS is in the tank?
Was the LR cured ? (when)
What inhabitants do you have ?
What filter(s) are you running ?
What Power Heads are you running?
How are you making you salt water for PWCs?
What kind of H20 are you using ? Distilled , tap , RO/DI ?
How often and how large are your partial water changes?
Are you using any additives?
What are your water parameters ?
PH
Temp
Ammonia
NitrIte
NItrAte
Calcium
Alk
Magnesium
SG (Specific Gravity / Salinity)
Measured with a refactometer or hydrometer (swing arm?)

Back
Top Bottom