Need a verdict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pjones0221

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay everyone here is the story. A little over a month ago my hippo tang developed ich. I immediately removed her from the tank and into quarantine. That was on December 11th. So it has been 30 days. I treated the tank with copper, raised the temperature, lowered salinity, and did regular water changes.
With that being said it seemed like the ich was gone. However she has white spots on her. I don't believe it's ich, it actually looks like she scratched scales off and now has white patches where color used to be. I watched her scratch on the rocks regularly so this is plausible.

My question is would it be safe to reintroduce her into main tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420943537.000397.jpg

Beast I could get

That tang doesn't look healthy at all. Regardless of whether you pulled her out of the main tank as soon as you noticed it or not, there is still ich in the display. Even if the tang was 100% ich free now it would just get it when reintroduced back into the main tank.

That being said, ich CAN be controlled by good water parameters and a stress free environment.

What other tank mates are in the display?
What do your nitrates run?
What's the size of the hospital tank?

In main display:

Naso tang
4 clowns
Flame angel
Sixline wrasse
2 firefish
2 banggai cardinals
2 cleaner shrimp
And cleaner crew.

Its 180 gallons plus 50 gallon sump.

Cal 460
Alk 9
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78
Ph 8.2
Mag 1250
Phosphate < 0.02
Nitrate <0.02

Hospital tank

10 gallons
Water parameters all about the same except for added copper and salinity is 1.020 and temp is 80

That tang doesn't look healthy at all. Regardless of whether you pulled her out of the main tank as soon as you noticed it or not, there is still ich in the display. Even if the tang was 100% ich free now it would just get it when reintroduced back into the main tank.

That being said, ich CAN be controlled by good water parameters and a stress free environment.

What other tank mates are in the display?

What do your nitrates run?

What's the size of the hospital tank?

Last post answered you

Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom