Need Advice on Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ParkBizzle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
fishtank.jpg

I have a 20 gallon tank with 7 assorted goldfish. I'm having issue with cloudiness in the water. It will also turn green after a couple of days. The photo is after a recent water change. I just boaght an aquatic plant and a bottom filter hoping to fix the problem, based off of advice I received at the pet store. are there any other steps I can take to fix it?

Not sure why my photo posted upside down but you get the idea.

Attachments

• fishtank.jpg
    fishtank.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 56
Your tank is just too over stocked, even the most powerful filtration probably couldn't handle it. A 20 gallon is suitable for 1 fancy goldfish (the round, chubby ones), and is too small for a comet or common (the skinny, torpedo like ones). I would recommend rehoming any comets/commons, since they require upwards of 75 gallons. The rule for fancies is 20 gallons for one, then an additional 10 gallons for each fish added. I can't tell exactly what types you have, although I can see the black moor in the front and two commons in the back. So I would go down to 1 fancy, or maybe two if you're diligent on water changes, or upgrade your tank. Fancies and comments tend to not do too well together either, since fancies are often too slow to get to the food. Good luck with your fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If your looking for clear water, you need to re-home some fish amd step up your filtration. 1 goldfish will talk up the whole tank (Fancy).

I agree with the above posts. Keep your favorite and rehome the rest as the severe overstocking is why your tank is cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom