Need advice on coral light acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here goes. I just received my full spectrum led panel yesterday and would like to move all my corals from my biocube over to the 60g. I have the blues at about 50% now and the whites at maybe 20%. Is this a good starting point? The tank is 24 x 24x 24. The corals that are in the biocube are under a 4 bulb t5 currently and I also just purchased a few corals that were under the same led panels in the store. The new corals are in the tank under the leds' but havent opened up yet. :-(

The fixture is about 10 inches above the water line as well.

What do you guys think?

I also have a rbta in the biocube and it;s stretching for the light so I need to move him into the 60g as well.

So any information or opinions are more than welcome. I';m really good with t5 fixtires but the only led I've had is the same unit I just bought but non dimmable and I burnt so many corals with that one I wanna be sure I am acclimating ok this time around.

Thanks everyone!!

slowly raise the lights over few days your corals will tell you when there happy just don't blast them 100%
I've raised mine some 60b 80w
sps seems to like it

Sounds good Carey. My corals were also under 4 bulb t5 before my taotronic switch. Although, because I don't have them hung yet, I started mine at 25% each. They are sitting on top of my screen top. It's been about 3 weeks since I've had mine. The blues are about 65% and the whites are 50%.

Sign, it didnt go so good. I ended up moving the coral AGAIN this time back to the 125g. I'm thinking I will work on the algae in this tank some more and then try again in the 60g under the leds.

Back
Top Bottom