need help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fish that got stuck behind my circulation pump and the other fish all his tail fin away should I try and nurse him back in another tank or is he a lost cause

Race2d said:
I have a fish that got stuck behind my circulation pump and the other fish all his tail fin away should I try and nurse him back in another tank or is he a lost cause

Awww! Poor little guy! I hope he gets well!

As long a he can get food he should be good. Just do pwc each day to make sure the water is super clean so fin rot doesn't step in...

Can I put him in like a glass vase or it have to be another tank I am willing to change water everyday if needed

Leave him in the main. As long as he isnt getting messed with, he should be fine. His tail will grow back

I would also suggest adding a antibacterial or something softer like stress coat+

Clean water is the best thing. You can add some salt if you really want to but clean water is all you need. Also he has to be eating, otherwise it is unlikely he will survive.

Just like everyone else is saying just keep the water clean and make sure it is eating and it should take care of itself pretty quickly.

i have an emperor tetra that got his whole tail bitten off and all i did was increase water changes and he survived and grew his tail back. it's not as pretty a tail as he had before and he looked funny swimming around the tank for a while but he is back to normal now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom