Need Help mainting an overstocked fantail goldfish tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monster Goldfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone

I have 4 goldfish fantail , 2 small which are about 2.5 inches long and 2 bigger ones which are about 4.5 inches long in a 20 gallon aquarium although water capcity is only 16 gallons . I have a Chinese cheap internal filter which comes with one sponge media . It is supposed to filter 800 LPH which is 222 GHP . I have small white pebbles as substrate and one plastic plant ( were two but I removed one because it broke while cleaning it ) . I also have a background that makes the aquarium look heavelity planted ;).

The help I need is ...

How can I keep the aquarium as healthy as possible having the pre-mentioned 4 goldfish knowing that I'm planning on getting Aquaclear 50
soon and I'm planning on getting a 75 gallons tank next year or so.

Please give me as much adivce as necessary how much should I change the water ? how many goldfish sticks should I feed them because they can eat very fast so the 2 minutes rule is not working for me they eat their food in seconds ? If you have anything you want to advise me , please do not hesitate.

Regards
Mohamed Nagem

I would get the new filter as soon as possible. To be honest I would do 50% water changes everyday, at least every other day, until you get them in the 75 gallon.

I agree with 50 percent every other day. New filter would probably help reduce this. Overfiltration will really help.

Back
Top Bottom