Need help. New tank cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack0426

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 10 gallon tank I recently set up let it run for 24 hours did everything I know to do when setting up a new tank. Got my levels at a good range put some test black light tetras in after a day and a half. All was fine get up the next morning to floating fish. So I test water temp it was to cold. Put a heater in the tank test my levels all is well so I went and got some more test fish as I have this tank set up for two pea puffers when they arrive at my house. One of my test fish got caught in the filter intake that night so I cut the filter off and left my air stone going. Got up the next morning to more floating fish and. White cloudy water. Again all of my levels were fine. So I did a 50% water change. And still battling cloudy water for two days now. I want to get this tank right as the pea puffers I ordered are my dream fish to keep and don’t want them to pass away any help will be greatly appreciated. This has had me scratching my head for two days now wondering what is causing my cloudy water

Got it figured out. It is a bacterial spike from cutting my filter off over night. Doesn’t explain why my tester fish passed but explains my white cloudy water

Back
Top Bottom