Need help or ideas in planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuart Swindell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys i needed some help to create a aquascape with what i already have, it doesnt have to be amazing, ive tried with many diferent types but i just dont get the right look for it . so i just need any ideas of where to put where and if you could upload pictures of drawings that would be amazing.
thanks
pictures are attached.
im recieveing new plants dwarf hairgrass and Anubias - Bacopa Caroliniana

Here is what I started with before planting my 40B.

Maybe this can give you some ideas...

gtZg1tz.jpg

lWj8Ofv.jpg

frrDjls.jpg

It's a really nice aquarium keep me updated when you have it finished the only thing is that I have to move the rocks that I already have in the picture so I have to see what I can do with them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I dont see any pictures...

I upload them to imgur and post the images from there. It works better than the app or website for me.

What do you have as far as lighting, ferts, and carbon supplementation for your tank?

It's a really nice aquarium keep me updated when you have it finished the only thing is that I have to move the rocks that I already have in the picture so I have to see what I can do with them

Oh, it's more than finished. Check out that awesome tank! One of my favorite tanks to look at. A keen eye for scaping for sure.
(Sorry zig, just had to share this).

Yeah I got a finnex funeral planted plus 30" soil I'm not sure I through the packaging buts it's brown and has small balls but like smaller than bbgun size, I'm putting a carpeting plant dwarf hair grass to see if I can cover it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advic

Looks good IMO. I'd say leave the scape but fill in with lots of plants! Some easy plants you can try re dwarf sag, water sprite, amazon swords, java fern, anubias and java moss. Also, that is a huge pleco! How big is your tank?

Haha thanks and yeah it's a big pleco it's a 22 gallon tank and I think I have to find him a new home if he gets bigger

Btw I added dwarf grass and this new plant called I can't remeber now but what is this white thing groping from it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455635085.325740.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455635130.635064.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455635049.659182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455635049.659182.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 54
Btw I added dwarf grass and this new plant called I can't remeber now but what is this white thing groping from it

My plants have them as well. They are roots that are growing from the nodes or joints of the plants. It's natural and helps the plant. They help to anchor the plant when they grow down into the substrate, and also gather nutrients from the water. Usually its a good sign that the plant is growing.

Those pics were a few months ago when I first set the tank up. I posted them for you for an idea of what I did to scape my tank.

Here is a current pic of the tank:

UDKMYkS.jpg

Ziggy hands done one of the best aquarium ever hope I can do that in the future

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom