need help with 55 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ram897

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 5 year old female convict cichlid who is dying. she quit eating about a week ago and with the help of my local fish stores I have tried everything to save her but they think she has dropsy. she is nose down and has been for 3 days. she has always been the only one in the tank so I don't have to worry about anyone picking on her and can just let nature take its course. My question tho has to do with what to do with the tank next. I am amazed that I can go to 4 different fish stores in my community and everyone has different advice. We really like the green terror so that is what it will be built around. one place told me as long as you stock them all when they are young you can have any fish you want...Another said to have one green terror, a couple red streak severum and a couple red head tajaros or a couple blue gourami. Another place said I could have a mix of the central american cichlids like a fire mouth, green terror, jack dempsey, convict, blue texas, red devil, electric blue acara or even an electric blue hap. And yet another place told me I could do a tank mix of african and central american. I am so confused right now that i am almost ready to go with guppies.....
Please help.

Oh jeez. That's a wide range of information! And some is actually really bad, like mixing African and Central American cichlids or having multiple gourami together. I don't know the right stuff, though, so I'll let more knowledgeable people guide you.

Edit: also I'm sorry that you are losing your pet.

Back
Top Bottom