Need help with a Fresh water puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taff1835

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have introduced a small puffer into a 15g planted tank with guppies in. I've just returned from work and all my guppies tails are shredded. I think the main culprit is the puffer, will it be best to remove it

Yes. Dwarf puffers do best in a species only tank because they are fin nippers and really aggressive.

Puffers aren't good in a community they will nip the fins of many fish. They are better off in their own tank. What kind of puffer is it ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399389737.864940.jpg not sure what sort it is, I bought it from a German shop (impulse buy) was told it would grow to 2/3cm

I agree that it is probably an Indian dwarf Puffer.
I have had a true red eyed dwarf puffer and now have a malabar puffer.

I kept both by puffers in a small community tank, but I always made sure their companions were suitable. Nothing with long flowing tails or fins.

My Puffers are always docile, I have to worry about other fish because they are so tiny. Many fish bump into my Puffers which the Puffer does not like.

I keep my Puffer with a small school of cory cats, kuhli loaches and rubber lip pleco. She hides when the Kuhli's come out to play at night, they always bump into her with their crazy antics.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom