Need help with new tank. 90 wave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyMonkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am not new to freshwater tanks but have been out of the game for some time. Well, while I was in Florida on vacation a client of mine who runs a high end aquarium resource company came into my office and installed this beautiful 90 gallon planted wave tank. :proud: We had talked about it and it just happened to be that had done a few favors for him and this was set up right down the street from me and needed to be moved. I figured I was doing the tank a favor by allowing it a place to be setup without much downtime. :icon_mrgr
img_1454237_0_898b0b4b5c6e8f9413c7ef61d439ae23.jpg

So, it is obviously a 90 gallon wave tank and has two Emperor 400 HOB filters on it. Temp was sitting at around 76 which I think is a little cool for some of the fish therein. Plants there are mostly anubias with some sprigs of something popping out of the gravel.
img_1454237_1_d925cdfc8ef418cd07881bc2089fcdf3.jpg

The fish I recognized are one Clown Loach, one huge Angel, several Rosey barbs (One with a distended abdomen??), A few striped barbs, few danios. There were a few others that I did not immediately recognize. All fish but the one barb looked great. That one might be pregnant, I hope that is the cause of the big belly!!

Lighting consists of two 40 watt T12 Bulbs that are in need of replacement!.

I am curious about next steps here. I would like to add a background (Black likely) and assume I need to add some fertilizer inserts to the gravel if that is an option rather than changing the entire material there. I don't mind adding CO2 if necessary but don't mind this being a low tech tank either.

What plants might be good for this setup? If the lights are limiting I can replace them of course with T5's or something I suppose. Any advice of future plans is appreciated. :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom