Need help with red shroom's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sschofie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I've got a FOWLR tank that has been going for 1.5 years now. My problem is that I just recieved an order through IPSF that included a free Red Shroom. I have never had corals and have no idea what to feed it. Could someone point me to a site that'll show me how to care for it, and do they need high light levels? My lights came with the tank and are not at all good enuff for corals. Thanks in advance for any help.. I will bring the shroom to the LFS if need be, cause I don't want to kill it.

Shrooms are low light corals. They are also low maintenance as you do not need to feed them. I have hundreds in my tank and have sold several rocks with mushrooms on them. They will feed off scraps in the water column. Here is a pic of mine

img_677734_0_f9c304acd4f92efda9d3083ba39e5fba.jpg

img_677734_1_8d6c49aa4247f056b44430b39eda97b9.jpg

I've had blue mushrooms for a couple of months now with a little over of 5 watts per gallon (pC) at the bottom of the tank and have had no trouble with them. They have begun to spread and seem to be doing fine. HTH

Yes They will grow but keep them near the bottom of the tank as they will not do good near the top if your light is too bright. You`ll be OK

I've got about 10 w/g in my fuge (2x85W PC floods)... they're only in the fuge until they attach to the rocks I've got them on - they just floated around in the main, so I need them to "stick" to something before I can relocate them.

sschofie, the shrooms are beautiful, hopefully they'll spread for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom