need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackblueangel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday my female Dalmation Molly passed away. i went to the pet store today and got two more females. I've tested the water and everything so they told me the male stressed her out. here my question. once i put my new females into the tank the male went straight after one of them and he keeps go after her and won't leave her alone. i have not seen him go after the other so I'm not sure if she is already pregnant they pet store said they had no males at the moment only females. please help i don't wanna lose another fish :(

Can you tell the sex's of the fish ? You could have two males.

Hard to because its hiding right now. I'm hoping it's not sick bc then ill really be upset

They are live bearer's, if you plan on keeping with these fish read up on them, unless you have experience. They can be very active swimmers but don't do so well with other fish, I wouldn't mix tetras with them for an example.

Livebearers and tetras are fine given proper shoals and M/F ratio. I've kept both together.

I'd check and make sure on your M/F ratio and add more females if necessary. If it persists remove the male

Caleb

Thank you. i was looking up a way to divide the tank so the female could have time to herself. I'm hoping that they babies i got now will be big enough to take out of the breeders net before my two females have babies.

Livebearers and tetras are fine given proper shoals and M/F ratio. I've kept both together.

I'd check and make sure on your M/F ratio and add more females if necessary. If it persists remove the male

Caleb
Thnx , Caleb for giving your advise here I learned something too! [emoji225]

Back
Top Bottom